Is the digital nomad life for you? Top tips and advice with Alyshia Ford
On episode 6 of the Travel Goals Podcast, we chat about ‘is the digital nomad life for you?’
We have a raw and honest conversation about being location independent with YouTuber and content creator Alisha Ford.
Aly is also a public speaker, self-confessed travel addict, and red wine lover.
She has spent the past 6 years exploring over 40 countries after she decided to hang her degree on the wall and book a one-way ticket to Australia to see what else the world might have for her.
Aly now produces raw and down to earth travel videos full time for her online community of over 220,000 people.
She also occasionally discusses mental health issues and current topics within the travel industry.
What we discuss on the show
If one of your travel goals is become location independent, then this episode is for you.
Some of the topics discussed on the show include:
- What are the advantages of being location independent?
- Are there any unique challenges to be a digital nomad?
- What effect does being location independent have on your relationship with family and friends?
- How do you stay focused on work when you are living in an exacting destination?
- What is the cost of doing business as a digital nomad?
- Do you think the current trend of people selling digital nomad courses is problematic?
- What do people need to consider before ditching the 9-5 and becoming location independent?
In this no holds barred chat, Aly gives a really raw and honest account of some of the unique challenges about being a digital nomad and also provided some great tips on how to become location independent.
If you are interested in the digital nomad life. You should also check out Ali’s website for inspiration. Make sure to also check out her incredible book, which is available on Amazon.
How to connect with Aly
Are you planning a trip to Uzbekistan? Make sure to tweet me your travel goals, you can find me @travelgoalspod on Twitter.
Love the show? Why not leave a review?
If you loved this episode of the Travel Goals Podcast, why not leave a review on iTunes?
It only takes 2 minutes and provides me with invaluable insight as to what the listeners think.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
We are also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.