You might be wondering why you need travel insurance for your next trip? You might even be asking yourself Is travel insurance worth it?
The resounding answer to this is yes. You should definitely make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance for any trip outside of your home country.
Why you need Travel Insurance
Whilst flight delays and lost bags can be a pain, it’s nothing compared to the nightmare scenario of running up huge medical bills because you didn’t get travel insurance for your trip.
When you have travel insurance with emergency medical benefits, it can pay for losses due to covered medical emergencies that occur during your holiday.
Search for Travel Insurance online
Having comprehensive travel insurance for your trip is a must for all eventualities.
Check out Travel Supermarket for travel insurance quotes from just £4.94 with this huge price comparison site.
You can compare and save on annual, single and multi-trip travel insurance policies with their easy to use website.
Why you need Travel Insurance
I like to use World Nomads for my travel insurance. This is mostly because I travel so much and it is really easy and convenient to get covered with them.
My favourite thing about World Nomads is that is quick and simple to get a quote.
You can even buy and claim online even after you have left home. How awesome is that?
This is especially brilliant if you leave everything to the last minute like me.
Their insurance is designed for adventurous travellers and wanderers. With cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure activities and sports. Perfect for adrenaline junkies like me!
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
How much is travel insurance?
One thing I hear a lot from my readers is “Travel Insurance is expensive”. What I remind them is that whilst it is an additional expense for your trip, it’s a totally necessary one.
You have to ask yourself, what will cost you more money? Paying for a travel insurance policy, or trying to pay huge medical bills abroad?
Luckily World Nomads has a quote widget to help you to get an estimate price for your travel insurance.
Travel insurance quote
The amount you pay will depend on how long you are travelling, where you are travelling to and what you will be doing on your trip.
All you have to do is enter your details and get an estimated rate for your cover. You will also be able to get your quote sent to your email inbox.
Once you have a travel Insurance quote
Once you have gotten your World Nomads travel insurance quote, you need to follow these steps to get your cover:
- Choose either the Standard Plan or the Explorer Plan
- Sign Up with your name and email address, phone number etc
- Agree to the Insurance terms and conditions.
- Pay for your insurance
It is as simple as that to get your insurance. Nowhere near the amount of drama you might expect.
Is travel Insurance worth it?
During my 15 years of travel, I have had many travel fails, mishaps and accidents abroad. From chest infections and broken bones to contracting cholera in Vietnam.
I am so glad I was covered for all of these accidents and illnesses as I would have been facing huge and unaffordable medical bills otherwise.
It’s not for me to tell you to get travel insurance, you have to make up your own mind.
It’s something I would strongly suggest but only you can choose whether or not it’s worth the risk of travelling without it.
Whatever you decide, be safe and happy on your travels and keep on trekking!
Things you should know about travel insurance from World Nomads
- Trusted reliable underwriters
- World Nomads is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers. They will provide you with great cover, 24-hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
- World Nomads provide cover for what’s important for travellers from over 130 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
- Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
- From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities. This gives you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
- All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts. You will also have access to travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
- All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides. You can also stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.